KP Law is the Commonwealth’s most experienced public sector law firm, providing full range of legal services to a number of public transportation agencies, including municipal airports and regional transit authorities. Our attorneys work closely with airport commissions and managers and transit authority administrators and advisory boards on a variety of development and service issues, including real estate transactions and construction projects, procurement and contract negotiations, environmental and hazardous waste matters, and labor and employment.
Our services include:
- Assisting transportation agencies with procurement, including reviewing/drafting bid documents for building and public works construction projects, including construction-manager-at-risk and design-build.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, including operating agreements and contracts for construction, engineering and design services for construction of/to transportation facilities.
- Assisting transportation agencies with “Section 6” reviews under the National Historic Preservation Act in connection with the construction of/to transportation facilities.
- Assisting with the acquisition and disposition of interests in land, including assistance with FTA administrative settlements, environmental due diligence, and the negotiation of Brownfields Covenants Not To Sue with the Office of the Attorney General.
- Providing representation in litigation and other disputes, including bid protests and claims of discrimination in places of public accommodation.
- Providing legal advice to transportation agencies regarding labor and employment matters.