Practice Areas: General Municipal, Litigation, Land Use
Attorney Gregory S. Mathieu joined the firm in 2023 as an associate after serving as an Assistant City Solicitor for the City of Brockton. Prior to working for the City of Brockton, Attorney Mathieu worked as an Associate Attorney at a small firm in Boston, focusing primarily on the defense of transportation agencies. Attorney Mathieu has considerable experience in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts, including all aspects of civil litigation from complaint to dispositive motions and trial.
- Second-chaired a jury trial of an excessive force claim in the District of Massachusetts against a Brockton police officer, resulting in a defense verdict.
- Represented the City of Brockton in numerous Federal Civil Rights claims against the City, resulting in the dismissal of the city, prior to trial, either at the motion to dismiss stage or motion for summary judgment stage.
- Obtained a partial motion for summary judgment in the District of Massachusetts, defending Amtrak and an Amtrak Police Officer.
City of Brockton, Brockton, MA
Assistant City Solicitor (2021-2023)
Bonistalli and Lee
Associate Attorney (2019-2021)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar (2018)
- United States District Court (Mass.) (2019)
Suffolk University Law School
Juris Doctor, 2018
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology, 2014