Practice Areas: Land Use, Real Estate, Property Rights
Attorney Justin Perrotta comes to the firm with over twenty years’ experience litigating land use, real estate, and property rights cases in Massachusetts, many involving issues of first impression in Massachusetts appellate courts and the Land Court. He has significant experience throughout the state practicing before local zoning boards of appeal, planning boards, conservation commissions, historic commissions, and boards of health. Attorney Perrotta has provided zoning and property rights risk analysis to developers for large scale commercial and residential projects. He also has extensive experience litigating commercial disputes and employee trade secret and non-compete cases, and has served as Corporate Counsel for an industry leading Massachusetts company.
- Hickey v. Zoning Board of Appeals of Dennis, 100 Mass. App. Ct. 1102 (2021). Reversing trial court and affirming zoning board’s decision that project was allowed as of right.
- Hickey v. Conservation Commission of Dennis, 93 Mass. App. Ct. 655 (2018). Affirming trial courts dismissal for lack of standing and establishing that abutters do not have automatic standing to appeal a Conservation Commission’s Order of Conditions.
- Cornell v. Board of Appeals of Dracut, 453 Mass. 888 (2009). In case of first impression establishing standard for exercise of a variance under G.L. c. 40A, § 10 and allowing equitable tolling of the exercise period.
- Carlin v. Cohen, 73 Mass. App. Ct. 106 (2008). Affirming client’s easement rights and clarifying the standard for relocation of deeded easements.
- Board of Managers of Sea Pines Condominiums 1 Ass’n v. Mostyn, 2008 WL 191280, Mass. Land Ct. (2008). In case of first impression applying stranger to the deed doctrine to condominium developments.
- Walsh v. Heffernan, 2005 WL 1840048, Mass. Land Ct. (2005). In case of first impression interpreting G.L. c. 184, § 23A’s statute of repose applicable to private deed restrictions.
Sole Practitioner, Braintree, MA (2014-2021)
Law Offices of William V. Hovey, Boston, MA (2005-2014)
In charge of all litigation for boutique land use and real estate firm.
Testa, Hurwitz, and Thibeault, LLP, Boston, MA (1998-2004)
- Massachusetts Bar
- U.S. District Court (Massachusetts)
Boston College Law School
Juris Doctorate, 1998
Bachelor of Science in Management, magna cum laude, 1995